Smoke from Tailpipe....

Yes. 'We'(One Woman((Me..)),and 4 old Men,PLUS 'various other old Gezzers' who were roaming around the Shop Complex. In all,there was about 16 of us in there. And YES we used the 'hold the Valve with Compressed Air method.' In all,it took about 4 hours,taking our time with everything. The only 'bad' thing was the crappy Valve Spring Compresser Tool we used....luckily,we had a better one on the Shelf :wrench: 8) . 'Our' next little 'project' will be the Timing Chain in my '69 Buick Le-Saber. Fun. Fun. Fun. ~OO6.

timdog":1m05gudv said:
A question for you STEVEN-

To replace the seals, did you pull the head and take everything apart? Or did you do it on the engine? I've seen tutorials about moving the cylinders to TDC and then using compressed air to keep the valves closed while you remove the springs.

I'd like 2 C that method.
Can U direct me to a guide for that?
Thanks, dude!

:unsure: The compressed air method works great,AS LONG AS YOU DON`T HAVE BURNED VALVES.If you do,then you will find your valves in the cylinder,and you will have to remove the head anyway.Also,if you do the compressed air way,make sure that the wrench that you used to turn the engine to TDC has been removed.Because if the engine spins as you apply the CA it WILL
do some major damage.Cost a friend of mine a new radiator and a fractured hand.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Yep. I saw that happen to a Guy with a Chevy Chevelle Convertable show Car....tore that Radiator right up. As for ME....no burned Valves although I saw the Landlord finding a burned Valve in His 260-powered Falcon Sprint using the same compressed-air-method before. Alway's learning something...~OO6.

"...Alway's learning something..."
(valve seal replacement using compressed air)
Not me -
8^(
('s OK, I got no compressor anyway).

Back