Electronic Choke Wiring Diagram

Mr Comet

Not sure where to start on this. I bought a 1974 carter RBS carb with an electronic choke. Here the info on the side of the choke:

EG902A
2J24B
B
2KT5-1V

I am not sure which was better this choke or the spring loaded only type. I am willing to listen to any feed back whatsoever. I am assuming this was wired via hot from the ignition going thru some heat sensor to the choke. Any ideas on that? Also when I reinstall the head on my engine do I use anything on the bolt threads? How about the bolt threads for the exhaust manifold?

wire the choke to the stator(i think, its been a awhile) terminal on the alternator. that way you get 12v when the engine is running, and you dont siphon power from the ignition system possibly creating a miss that you have difficulty finding.

I believe the stator terminal voltage is only 8-9 volts. This will result in the 12v electric choke opening too slow.
Ford did use stator voltage for the choke in the 80's, but the choke was designed for the low voltage.
You can still use stator terminal voltage via a relay so a full 13-14 voltage goes to the electric choke.

wsa111":3osb2sue said:
You can still use stator terminal voltage via a relay so a full 13-14 voltage goes to the electric choke.I believe the stator terminal voltage is only 8-9 volts. This will result in the 12v electric choke opening too slow.
Ford did use stator voltage for the choke in the 80's, but the choke was designed for the low voltage.
You can still use stator terminal voltage via a relay so a full 13-14 voltage goes to the electric choke.

Thats the way I did it. wire the Stator to the coil of the relay. Then wire the battery through the normally open terminal to the choke.

Back