Aluminum Argentine Head On Ebay

I posted this seller in the eBay Section earlier. At the time his auction was selling either an allow Ford or Chevy inline six head. He later changed his postings into two separate auctions.

The seller also has an intake for the head in a separate auction at a BIN price of $280.00 plus shipping.
The Argentina Ford head requires an intake different than the OZ 250 2V. So you can't purchase one without the other.

rocklord":2cbyrhtx said:
I posted this seller in the eBay Section earlier. At the time his auction was selling either an allow Ford or Chevy inline six head. He later changed his postings into two separate auctions.
The seller also has an intake for the head in a separate auction at a BIN price of $280.00 plus shipping.
The Argentina Ford head requires an intake different than the OZ 250 2V. So you can't purchase one without the other.

Thanks for the info!

So the combined price would be...?
(didn't see the head).

Between the head and the intake and the shipping, you could fly to Argentina and pick it up. Or very close to it. And you need a gasket set for them too.

Unless you want the WOW! factor of having an Argentina head on your inline six, you'd be well ahead (no pun intended) in getting Mike's aluminum head/intake.

I agree totally, makes alot more sense to go with Mikes head, just thought it was interesting.

that argentine lookes like as bare head -still got valves to go. and seats cutting etc

plus the combustion chambers look like a copy of the cast iron ones -

not the better 'modern' shaped ones you get with Classic inlines head.

no flow figures inlisting

Econoline":1t6xd6mf said:
I agree totally, makes alot more sense to go with Mikes head, just thought it was interesting.

Roger that. A few years back we had pics of a complete Argentine setup, oddly enough, on a Falcon in Argentina. The guy was building it up himself with salvage parts. It was a killer application. That engine was crazy.

still, like to see "one of our guys' do it.
"...A few years back we had pics of a complete Argentine setup..."
any references would be nice...
Thanks All -

thank you both,
on 'coffee break' from work,
will look later...

we all can’t compare this head to anything, it is what it is on its own merits. What i can say is that after looking at and watching and hearing SP221’s rev there proverbial tits off, these heads enable the motors to go where i didn’t think was possible and thats over 8000 rpm, not sure if they are still making power near those revs but they sound sweet doing it.

Well that's just it, if only they were cheaper. I guess through the entire 30 year run they made many less than 1/2 a million argentine falcons and in the 10's of thousands and less annually through the later decades, not sure what else they used the motor in but have seen references to it being a truck motor in South America which would drive the numbers way up. I assume this aluminum head is aftermarket?

from what i have seen its aftermarket, seller does a chef six head as well, i have looked hard at the argues lately, some of these cars sound fantastic. i got the Ford Six Handbook in the mail today, nothing in there much about cutting off the log manifold, that would be a nice thing to do, if guys in the sixties got great HP from doing this then why do we need alloy heads now, yet to see decent HP numbers from an aspirated alloy head, one area is cam shaft, if the stock little log doesn’t like anything over 420 lift then why do it, but with intake removed the potential is there to go much bigger.

Back