Lifter magic anyone?

78 granada

Yep...I'm that guy. got in a big fat hurry swapping pushrods and the suction pulled the lifter right out of the bore and flopped it over laying on it's side; waaaaaaay down in there! The heads got to come back off doesn't it?! Has anyone ever had any luck getting one of these back in with some kind of magic I haven't thought of? Man, some days!

The only thing I can think of is using a magnet to grab it and then put it in. If not that. I have no idea other than pulling the head.

Its worth a try for sure!! The top of the lifter is lying over beneath the next pushrod hole so that will be the challenge - how to get it with the magnet and somehow stand it up where I can come back in the next hole and drop it in. Boy I wish I had taken my time, right? Thanks a bunch guys!!

You could try using some mechanical fingers to grab it and try to re angle it. Honestly, those are the only things I can think of without pulling the head. Good luck man!

Hi, I would try to move it with a magnet and a long skinny dowel. Mabe a coat hanger. Good luck

So you are saying that your pushrods really suck?

That is nothing I turned the engine upside down with the head on, all 12 fell out.

good luck, it can be done.

Back