Fitech 2 Barrel

FiTech doesn't have it listed on their website yet.
It would be nice if they priced it cheaper than the 400HP 4Bbl unit.
Not many companies price their 2Bbl and 4Bbl at the same price, $795 each.

The 400 HP 2 Barrel has the same 4 injectors and all the other components that the 400 HP 4 Barrel unit has, the only difference being the throttle body so the cost is about the same to produce.
However I'm with you in that they should have made a token drop in price just to get sales rolling.

There is also a Tri-Power version with three "D" shaped throttle bodies that have 2 injectors each.

The 2 Barrel units will be available first quarter of next year and will be on their website.
I just wanted to give a preview and get some feedback.

I honestly think in the 6 cylinder world these will be a pretty big hit if the price isnt too bad, these are a great overall driveability component, built in MAP sensors so no longer having to change your jets, all self learning so no tuning necessary and best MPG possible, the only let down is neither of those units are boost capable which would make these way more interesting, but could be something they do in the future, now we just need somebody to come out with a performance 1 barrel fuel injection unit for the triple carb guys :)

The 4 injectors bit has to be a typo right? Why would they have 4 injectors? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Econoline":2d9v1lvm said:
The 4 injectors bit has to be a typo right? Why would they have 4 injectors? That doesn't make any sense to me.

The 400 HP 2 barrel uses the same controller as the 400 HP 4 barrel which is set up for four 56 lb injectors.
So instead of one injector per barrel in the 4 barrel version it has 2 injectors per barrel so it can still support 400 HP.
This way everything is the same between the 2 barrel and the 4 barrel system except the throttle bodies.
Smart move.

Back