I6 200 Distributor - DUI vs DSII

ssg66stang

So, in a week or two I will be at the point that I want to replace the factory distributor on my I6. I was initially going to purchase a DUI distributor (from VI) after reading several articles that stated it gave a better "bang for your buck" (easier to install compared to the DSII, better power gains, easier to maintain, and a setup that looks a bit cleaner) but since then I have heard/read that DUI's are sometimes nightmares. So now, I'm confused... Has anyone used both and now favors one? Any experience and advice is more than welcomed.

In addition to that, can someone explain the difference between the DSII and the DSII "performance" distributors? Is it worth the $185 price increase over the "standard" version of the DSII?

Do I need to run vacuum advance and centrifugal?
Does anyone know if the DUI distributors from VI have vacuum advance?

Thank you!

I can help you here. The DS11 is the best choice when used with a MSD-6al Box. MSD makes a special harness to hook directly to the DS11 distributor. You also need a coil with low primary resistance such as the MSD Blaster 2-3. The Ford TFI coil is also a good choice.
The DS1 distributor has the same base, but uses the smaller cap.
I offer a GM HEI Module with a heat sink also. This can be used instead of the MSD Box.
I also offer a HEI distributor which is a one wire hookup. My HEI offers an adjustable vacuum advance for vacuum control & total advance. The HEI has a one piece housing.
The DUI has a two piece housing & has shaft oiling problems & the vacuum advance in not adjustable.
All my distributors are custom curved by me for your engine combination using a Sun Distributor Tester.
I have all the above listed in the small six for sale section of this forum.
I will be back from vacation Monday the 18th. wsa111 Bill

Back