Dual Weber 32/36

sarnett346

Ford six builders... I have yet another question; has anyone tried running a dual 32/36 Weber setup? I'm thinking of milling two flat spots and sealing up the stock carburetor intake bore. Would this be beneficial? I would hypothetically use the 32/36 for better throttle with the smaller primaries.
Any thoughts?

Howdy Back Sarnett:

Sorry, I don't have personal experience with this set up, but we had a plan before my brother, Dennis' health detoriated. We had bought 2 Carter clones of the Weber 32/36 carbs. The 2 stage 2 barrel Carters were quite a bit cheaper than Webers or the Holley Clones but the function was the same.

We got the Carter carbs from Tom Langdon at Stovebolt Engineering. We had the adaptors to the log figured and were still working on a linkage system. That was as far as we got. I like the idea and think it has potential so I'd say go for it and keep us posted on your progress.

Adios, David

The dual 2bbl progressive 32/36 type setup sounds workable for the log manifold six. The versatile progressive 2 bbl 32/36 would likely tune easier than three progressive 1bbls. Weber JEts are accessible, running synchronous would have small primaries and 32/36 has built-in progressive secondaries!. Adding two ports for the carbs on the log runner without too much height is a concern, 'Thinking of slicing the intake runner log and adding a plenum box to the outside of runner for enabling carbs. The Carter 2bbls CFM's compared to available 32/36 ?, Are jets available ?

I've ran a single 32/36typre H/W 5200 on a 63/170 Falcon, also tri-power 3X1 Holley 1Bbl's on the 250/ '61Comet. I tried a plenum on tri=ports with one big 2bbl on the 250 for simpler tuning. Plenum 500CFM 2Bbl idled consistently and ran smoother than the primitive 1904 1bbl's, but wasn't any faster.

Impressed with the progressive 2bbl, considered one 32/36 inside a plenum with a compressor :

I found a U-Tube video of a nice dual 32/36 setup : (if link works?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfTqONGkJl8

habe fun

Back