throttle linkage conversion

dawhite64

hey guys, Im looking for some help on converting my existing rod style throttle linkage to a cable system..
1964 fairlane, going from an autolite 1100 to a holley 2300 2 barrel... any suggestions ?

thanks a lot

dawhite64

lots:
1) justs a futz around, gotta-B-kinda-handy job (scrap/at hand metal, cable/some1 to swage a ball onit or other solution),
2) oe parts frm thru out the 60s & 70s,
3) Locar co. + some inventiveness/included instructions.

1= parts and willingness, some metal & cable working experience (we can guide U)-
2= Y/M/M ideas needed (junk yrd or new parts at big box suppliers), still need to adapt (also we can zero it in)-
3= high expense, odd looks for an ol skool vehicles (U may not mind), still B a bit of a 'handy man' but less than #1 above.

Some where U can find a long detailed thread - search is ur friend (top R corner of this page just below grey/blue boxes). Don't
forget the skinny peddel. Some find that end of things the more difficult, others avoid it all together...
Such is the nature of an ol car and restoring & resto-mod, no?

Hi, I used a Locar cable which fit my Bronco gas pedal perfectly. You can see a picture of it on my "Happy with the 200" post one page before this page. I had to modify the cable bracket at the carb side.
My Bronco is a three speed so I have no kickdown issue. Good luck

Back