Turbo 300

BigJake34452

Hello, my name is Jake, i have just recently taken a liking to ford inline sixes. my father built a turbo 300 and we took it too the track and blew it up( too low of octane ) but i wanted you guys to check the parts that we are putting back into the new block and there are more pics to come of the engine when its finished, cya.

index.cfm

index.cfm

index.cfm

this will remain a Draw-through set-up, it will all go back in a 77 F-100, tell me what ya think!

You need to be a signed-in MySpace member to view those photos.

Easiest to upload them into a free host like ImageShack. See the destructions which are first post in the "Eye Candy" forum. ;)

Whats the details on the engine / turbo, tranny, rear gearing?

Id like to see pix of the truck if available.

Good luck

the block is .30 over, the head has 460 valve springs im not sure what kind of valves, considered i didnt do the build, i do know that they are adjustable. the tranny is a C-4 with a B&M 3 spd. pro ratchet shift. (not sure of the details) the rear has something like 3.50 or 3.55, not sure though, i will post more pics soon.

I'm not sure how much it weighs with driver, we never were too concerned with it since its not an all out race truck, it was daily driven for 5 years before it blew. when we took it to the track it was 1/8th mile because it was the closest track (still 1 1/2 hrs. away! :x ) i dont remember the times because we didnt really care, we just wanted to run it, lol. the motor is almost done so we will have 1/4 times pretty soon.

what kind of pistons, rods, crank are you using, and what psi do you run.....im curious because im also building a turbo 300. What went wrong with the motor that it blew?

im not sure what kind the pistons were, but now we have diamond pistons, stock rods, and i think a factory forged crank from one of the industrial 6's. we were running about 17 psi. the engine blew because of too low of octane. this is a pic of the new pistons.

newpiston.jpg

im going to take a few pics today of the new setup and stuff, ill have more details to come, out of curiosity, what is this 300 going in?

Its going to be in my 81 F100, like in my signature below.....it just hasn't all been put together yet. I can't decide whether to get a forged crank or a billet crank. I want to make sure it's bullet proof because I plan to run about 30 psi. I know I know I'm crazy haha.....Where'd you get those pistons and how much were they, if you don't mind me asking.....I got a price for the 8:1 aluminum ones I want for about $600 and that's the cheapest I've found. Looks like a fun/fast motor can't wait to see more pictures and how it performs.
Sean

these pistons were 600 as well, 30 psi huh? thats insane! we run about 17 or so and we still fly, lol. good luck man, do you have any pics of the beast?

My father and I restored the car in the 90's and I have some pictures of it from then, its beautiful, ill get them up soon, and eventually I'll get some of how it is right now, spread out in a field and a warehouse.....:( makes me want to cry...but it will be back together by the end of summer, without the turbo however. That will have to come later on.

Back