Carb for turbo

embergloP51

I'm trying to figure out what all I'll need to turbo my 200. It's going to get DSII and I think a 2bbl carb on an adapter.

How well will the weber 32/36 or holley 5200 work with a turbo? It seems like it would do better than a stock 1bbl, especially as an easy way to add more fuel under WOT.

Would you guys suggest going with one of those progressives or something different?

This would be on a stock top end for a while but I'm planning on upgrading my springs and cam sooner or later.

Im running a Holley 2300 setup for BlowThru. Its super simple to setup yourself OR you can have someone do it for your. Initially I did all the simple mods (nitrophyl float etc) but eventually sent mine to QuickFuel to have it gone through. Do a google search on Blow Through Carb mods and you will find alot of great info!

Matt

Thanks Sprint.

After reading more about the available 2bbl carbs, the holley 2300 seems like a really good choice. Or an autolite 2100 would be a good fit as well. The autolite is cheaper since it was a stock carb and apparently has soild floats already.

Dont buy one or the other because its cheap initially. Buy the one with the best support and parts availability or in time you will buy the other and spend more money :banghead:

:beer:

Matt

Once you get it dialed in the little 2300 will work like a champ and has TONS of support. QuickFuel has alot of awesome parts that you may need down the road and if you Google "Hangar18 mods" you will find alot of helpful tips and tricks to get the carb dialed in.

Matt

What carb is on it now? You can modify what you already have to work with boost. Bort62 modded a Carter yf and lincs200 and I made a Holley 1946 work. Just some trial and error required. If you already have the head off and its being converted to a 2 barrel I guess that ship has set sail already. Haha

I've still got the stock Autolite 1100. I'm just now trying to decide on a path of mods for the motor before I start spending much money on it.

I know with the 32/36 or 5200 I can use the stock throttle linkage instead of converting to a cable. I don't know what other carbs will allow that and fit on the stock small log.

Back