How do you get HW5200 on the aussie head intake manifold?

Vin Man

Famous Member
Anyone sell and adapter that will allow me to use the HW5200 with my stock aussie head? The pattern on the Aussie head is the small 2 bbl.
I can get a Mr. Gasket 1937 that adapts the Aussie head to a Autolite or Holley large 2 bbl such as a 2100. However, the pattern on the HW5200 is smaller than the Holley/Autolite, yet bigger than the stock pattern on the intake.

I tried to call Langdon Stovebolt which is where I purchased the carb, but they are on vacation until mid March.

Unfortunately, even classicinlines doesn't seem to sell this adapter. Mike has something similar to the Mr. Gasket adapter.

There is a great picture on the classic inlines website of a car with this setup, but I can't see the adapter in the picture. Mike didn't have any info on the car itself so I'm hoping someone here has done this already.

Here is the pic I'm refering to:

OZ002_jpg.jpg

Finally, here is a picture of my intake waiting for a carb:
P1010893.jpg

Simple, plug the original 4 threaded holes with aluminum bolts, and redrill for desired carb! You can Lok-Tite the aluminum bolts in the holes, and with a hacksaw, cut them off close to flush with the mounting flange, and file them down the rest of the way until you can blend them with the carb suface. Then redrill and tap for the new pattern. Don't forget the put some rags in the throttle bores to catch any chips. Or you can take it to a machine shop, if its not already on the engine. Since you mentioned that the two bolt patterns are close to the same, a spacer might not be available for that swap to begin with, because several of the bolts might overlap on both patterns!

Back