Check this out.....

i edited your pics for you
nice engine

i'd bet that those stickers will come off one the heat gets to them, you'd be better getting the CI painted on somehow

Very sweet, nice work! I like some of the subtle changes you made, like relocating the dipstick and aligning it with the header. I take it that hood clearance isn't an issue with the Bronco? Also, have you started tuning the fuel injection setup, and what ECM did you go with?

No clearance issues that I know of, the bronco already has a 3 inch body lift, the ECM will come from retrotekspeed.com, their stage 2 system. I'm going to purchase it as one of the last things, since electronics are always changing.

AzCoupe":1b5zwuxr said:
The IAC, TPS, Central Vacuum for Power Brakes, and the MAP Sensor Vacuum are all built in to the Throttle Body!
Broncitis":1b5zwuxr said:
Its a modified GM TBI with twin 42MM butterflies

I believe that Dodge Magnum 5.2L and 5.9L engines (92-04) had twin 48mm butterflies and also had IAC, TPS, and MAP in the throttle body. I'm just curious, is there something special about this throttle body? What am I missing?

218224turbo":1grr1bxr said:
AzCoupe":1grr1bxr said:
The IAC, TPS, Central Vacuum for Power Brakes, and the MAP Sensor Vacuum are all built in to the Throttle Body!
Broncitis":1grr1bxr said:
Its a modified GM TBI with twin 42MM butterflies

I believe that Dodge Magnum 5.2L and 5.9L engines (92-04) had twin 48mm butterflies and also had IAC, TPS, and MAP in the throttle body. I'm just curious, is there something special about this throttle body? What am I missing?

I'm not sure you're missing anything, but I will note here that the GM throttle bodies originally had the injectors mounted above the throttle openings. Those appear to have been omitted in favor of injectors in the intake runners for this application.

One thing I will note here is that the stock throttle body from a 5.0 liter Mustang V8 had (at least in some cases) a single 60mm opening. If my math is correct that ought to flow roughly the same amount of air as a pair of 42mm openings. I suppose that would make the 5.0 throttle body a viable alternative for some folks. The modified GM TBI unit, on the other hand, seems to be a nice little package with those other bits and pieces incorporated into it.

Motor basics
bottom end
static and dynamically balanced rotating assembly
oiling holes crank, modified
clifford treated rods
arp rod bolts CI
arp main studs CI
60 over dish seal power pistons CI
jp roller timing set CI
block zero decked
felpro gasket set
clevite bearings
high performance dampner CI
reman stock distributor, pertronix 2 and 60,000 flamethrower coil
custom clutch and pressure plate hr clutches ceramic one side, kevlar the other, 9.25 balanced
stock flywheel surfaced and balanced
custom 8.75 serpentine 8 rib dampner adapter from asp performance
bullet custom camshaft
clifford ceramic coated headers
130 amp 3g alternator

top end
aluminum head CI
clifford valve springs
stainless valves CI
yella terra 1.65 roller rockers CI
8.75 pushrods CI
Aluminum intake CI
clifford valve cover
m90 supercharger 3.3 pulley intercooled
87-94 chevy TBI converted to TB by extrudabody
spectre plenum hat for TB
custom supercharger bracket by colfax iron works
fuel rail and injector holes set up by extrudabody
most of the pieces for plumbing for intercooler will come from siliconeintakes.com
stock 3.8 intercooler with 8 inch permacool fan
griffin custom radiator with derale electric 17" fan
retrotekspeed.com ECM will be used

Mr turbo their is nothing special about this TBI, quite the contrary, there are so many available and cheap is the reason I chose one to convert it from a TBI to a TB, aside from the reason if you are seeking out an afermarket ECU or ECM, most from my experience use GM sensors and the one I chose at retrotekspeed.com will be a direct hook up as opposed the 3.8 throttle body would not have been.

350K in answer to your PM, you should be able to pick up a GM throttle body injection for less than 150 bucks easily and convert it to a TB for zero bucks. secondly, I don't know if it will ever be dynoed, because of my remote location, I believe I will fall between 275 and 300 hp.

Okay, cool. Not trying to step on anyone's toes. I was just trying to make sense of the first post, more specifically the '!' at the end of it. Looks like a sweet project you've got going on.

Not to worry Mr turbo, the only toes that will be stepped on will be my own if this thing doesn't fly with all I have invested, there is a whole lot more turbo proof here than supercharger proof., Just trying to play, thats all. Does 10's has us all by the......, he runs 10's, I just want to pull out tree stumps.

350kmileford":ft5obd9b said:
I'm pretty sure it's an Eaton M90

Yes of course! Sorry, my mind got confused with numbers. My T-Bird got an 302 without blower :D

I can't wait the Dyno results! :shock: :D

Back