Converting a high performance 300 to fuel injection

very nice, and the right color too!
I'm jumping over to read ur thread on FSB.
but
I see you have not upgraded to a ford 3 g alternator. is this upgrade on ur radar screen?
if not it should be.
we inhabit similar geographical regions, a hi output alt is security in spades.

Yes, I was willing to pay the extra $50 for the black one so it would match, and I'm glad I did. :D It looks amazing.

I haven't upgraded to a 3G alternator. I know a lot of people do, but I guess I never really understood the reasoning behind it.
I figured it was if you were adding other power drawing things, like e-fans, a big sub, light bars, etc.

What would be the benefit for me?

'Not sure on the 3G.

The Holley looks very nice! It's an inspiration - a trustworthy testimony to everything I've read about them.

Thanks for sharing that.

I’m going with the AEM Infinity 308 (PN 30-7113) ECU. On sale for about the same price as MS3X. It has a lot of features for the price. It will be fully sequential inj and spark with LS coil near plug.

I’m sure it will be a learning adventure....

Has anyone else used the AEM Infinity ECU?

AbandonedBronco":3hy0swa2 said:
Yes, I was willing to pay the extra $50 for the black one so it would match, and I'm glad I did. :D It looks amazing.

I haven't upgraded to a 3G alternator. I know a lot of people do, but I guess I never really understood the reasoning behind it.
I figured it was if you were adding other power drawing things, like e-fans, a big sub, light bars, etc.

What would be the benefit for me?

"my apologies" for missing this question.
but the 3g is internally regulated, is not prone to fires caused by faulty pig tails, is consistently even in voltage delivery, from idle on, and is a very clean install. furthermore the extra juice is telling and nice when all functions are go.
like wipers, headlights fan motor, etc.

No worries, thanks for the response!
It mirrors everything I've learned since I asked the question. :D

I actually installed a 3G alternator last month. My alternator died for the umpteenth time and I realized that I had simply been overtaxing them and burning them up.
The voltage reading on my Sniper readout was always around 12v at idle, and would sometimes get up to around 13v on the interstate. Barely enough charge to keep the battery topped off.

With a stereo, high output ignition, fuel injection, etc. etc. I was just pulling too many amps.

I now have a 130amp 3G and have 14.5v at idle and on up. It's been great.

20190803-16.34.03.jpg

Biggest obstacle was getting 2 belts on it, since I have both A/C and a Saginaw pump (which both use the middle belt on the pulley).

Back