250 OEM mechanical fuel pump - outlet fitting connector type

62Ranchero200

Famous Member
Greetings Ford Six Fans,

What is the correct specification for the 250 OEM mechanical fuel pump female threaded outlet?

I took the male fitting that was screwed into the fuel pump outlet to the hardware store to compare, it seems a lot like "1/4 NPT" but the threads also seem to be 1/2-20 (1/2", National Fine or NF).

I'm trying to determine what to order to make up a stainless brained fuel pump to carb line with -AN 6 connectors/adapters. The other end will screw into an adapter on my Holley 4412-S carb and looks to be the same size. Forgive me if my terminology is incorrect, this is my first time working with these type of fuel lines and fittings.

Thank you,
Bob

AN is AN...isn't it - no 'like' threads. If so U must match them or havea lill adapter,,,
May B I don't getja. Gunna reread.
Yep...
just like course, fine, pipe. It's the "thread pitch", number per inch, etc
(U no: quarter 20, etc).
U think AN fittings R expensive, the lill adapters R even more.
So far I like ur idea tho~

Bob, Summit has all the adapters & AN fittings for a braided fuel hose.
Your heat is worse than mine & i found the mechanical fuel pump was heating the fuel into vapor lock.
Go electric fuel pump & pressure regulator. Your Holley should handle 6-7# pressure.
Did you ever find a dowel pin for your camshaft. If not give me a shout.

The connection is for a 5/16" inverted flare tube and nut. It is a straight 1/2"-20 thread but it's a 5/16" inverted flare female connection.

If you want to go to AN you can find an adapter. Like Bubba said though, that connection may be an adapter already screwed into a 1/4" npt hole on the fuel pumps as they are sold with to connect to the oem 5/16 fuel line. It's been a while since I looked at mine but I bet that "connection" is screwed into the pump at the factory and is brass and can be taken out.

Back