All Small Six 1966 200ci iso large log head

This relates to all small sixes

thaedge

Hello, I'm rebuilding my fathers 1966 mustang 200ci. It has very low miles and has been parked for 40 years because it never ran right. I brought the engine to the machine shop and the head has a huge crack in it, unsalvageable.

I'll take this as my sign to upgrade to the large log head.

Does anyone have one for sale, or a lead for one? I'm in New Hampshire, but happy to coordinate freight shipments etc.

Anything else I need to use the large log head with the stock block and accessories?

Try picnpulls in your area and car-part.com.
You would probably benefit from getting a copy of the Falcon Performance Handbook as it has detailed info on upgrading to large log heads and pretty much everything else for performance mods.

Try picnpulls in your area and car-part.com.
You would probably benefit from getting a copy of the Falcon Performance Handbook as it has detailed info on upgrading to large log heads and pretty much everything else for performance mods.
Thank you, do you know where the book is available? it seems to be unavailable everywhere I can find.

Where in New Hampshire are you. I have an large log 68 head that I have always planned on playing around with it but you know how that goes. Also have a 66 head that just came off of my wife’s 68 mustang that had a two barrel Webber mode.
we now have 65 Falcon and 68Mustang both tri power.
If your close by maybe you could stop by and take a look.
i’m in Tyngsboro MA just over the border.
Gene

Last edited:
Where in New Hampshire are you. I have an large log 68 head that I have always planned on playing around with it but you know how that goes. Also have a 66 head that just came off of my wife’s 68 mustang that had a two barrel Webber mode.
we now have 65 Falcon and 68Mustang both tri power.
If your close by maybe you could stop by and take a look.
i’m in Tyngsboro MA jus over the border.
Gene
Hi Gene, I'm about 1.5 hours from you, but I think would be worth the drive for me. For some reason I can't send you a message on here, but maybe you can send me one with pricing and we can go from there.

I think the first large log head was 1969.
You will have throttle linkage problems if you select the wrong carb.
I have never read the Falcon Performance Handbook and my 200 six runs great.
Unless your Mustang was a California Emissions model It will have Load'O'Shit distributor.
The 65-66 Mustang six will have a 1-3/4'exhaust.
The large log six had a longer duration 256 cam + a 2" exhaust along with a higher CFM wider base carb. and a centrifugal-vacuum advance distributor.

Last edited:
I have noticed comments about the Handbook being hard to find, it is filled with reference material, performance upgrade levels and maintenance instruction a good resource if new to the Ford six. And look in the Tech Archive above. Of course the member knowledge base on this site is a great resource, many smart, experienced and helpful people.

I think you’re right the large flat top large log heads started in 69. The one I have is a 69 the castings on the top of the head hard to read, but it does look like a 69.

All large Log Heads would have a 1.75 (1 3/4 inch) Carb mounting opening.

LOL Yes I sure did Gene 64 2dr, thank you I fixed that now.

-might this be something for the sales forum instead?

Trying to message thaedge but messaging not there. Forgot how to get messaging up and running. Mine is, but his isn’t.

Last edited:
Hi Gene 64 2dr, yes "thaedge" is still a new site member and doesn't quite have enough Posts yet to be able to receive or send Messages.

At this point He only needs 1 more, but looks like he hasn't been back here since Sunday Afternoon though.

thaedge don’t be a stranger, you couldn’t ask for a more knowledgeable group of people to help with your project

Hello, I'm rebuilding my fathers 1966 mustang 200ci. It has very low miles and has been parked for 40 years because it never ran right. I brought the engine to the machine shop and the head has a huge crack in it, unsalvageable.

I'll take this as my sign to upgrade to the large log head.

Does anyone have one for sale, or a lead for one? I'm in New Hampshire, but happy to coordinate freight shipments etc.

Anything else I need to use the large log head with the stock block and accessories?
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but it just popped up in my area on Craigslist. It's in SC.

Back