All Small Six 200 six close to starting

This relates to all small sixes

adobejoe

Been awhile. I finally today gave it a spin. Put about a gallon of gas in tank, then dribbled some in carburator. Cranked and she was firing briefly, several times!! Think the gas is not through the line yet. Some gas seemed to leak through base of carb into where head bolt top sits. Tightened up base of carb and adapter. Then sparks were showing where I am pointing Right on Throttle linkage arm. Gas and sparks obviously do not mix. Done today. This could be a grounding issue? The block ground on line to alternator as shown in lower right, same picture. Maybe bad contact? Bubba, you still out there?

Adobejoe

Hi Adobejoe, your right seeing some sparks on the Throttle Linkage isn't a good sign, that would indicate the engine doesn't have a good enough ground. I couldn't see the Battery Cable's Ground Mounting location on the Short Block in any of your pictures. The Main Battery Cable Ground should go from the Battery's Neg. Post Direct down to the Short Block onto its own separate mounting Boss this is located on the Passenger side front of the engine block. A second Ground Wire should then go from the Engine direct over to the cars Chassis from one of the Bell housing Bolts or a Starter mounting bolts either of these are a good location for that. These Grounds need to be clean of any Grease, Dirt, Rust and Paint and be very snug. Good luck

Back