All Small Six 95 300 i6 fuel injection

This relates to all small sixes

Devindockery97

This is my first build so go easy on me I have a 95 ford 300 i6 factory fuel injection bored .40 over with 268 comp cam kit came with springs cam and crank gear and lifters I was told I could use stock push rods is that current or no cause I got every in set the rocker arms to 25 to 27 foot pounds let it just come up to Operating temperature a few times 10 times to be exact with no revs or anything crazy like that everything went good got my clutch bleed and went to take it yp my drive way when I started the truck the lifters went to ticking like crazy what did I do wrong

not sure but here's where the most help is:
300-big-block-six-performance.2/
so much goes into '1st runs''
I see nother entry on same subject. This will create confusion as multi answrs/threads tend to do. Wipe one to help us assist you 8^ )

Last edited:
I don't know how to wipe it or delete one it won't let me for some reason but I will go to the other page that you said and make a post

Did you follow break-in instructions to-the-letter?

As soon as the engine fires, bring the rpm up to 2000 to 2500 during the first 30 minutes of operation. Slower engine speeds will not supply the camshaft with an adequate amount of oil for the break-in period. The engine rpm may be varied periodically between 2000 to 2500 to direct oil splash different areas of the camshaft. After the 30 minute break-in period, change the oil and filter to be sure all contaminants and break-in lube are remove from the engine.

Did you follow break-in instructions to-the-letter?
I mean I didn't really Rev it like that I got the Distributor set when it was running and would shut it off when it got up to temperature and let it cool all the way down and would just keep doing that didn't wanna hurt it I had good oil pressure at 50 pounds I would have to Rev just a little to keep it running till I got it set in time didn't ever go over 3000 rpm so I feel like have done it currently

This is my first build so go easy on me I have a 95 ford 300 i6 factory fuel injection bored .40 over with 268 comp cam kit came with springs cam and crank gear and lifters I was told I could use stock push rods is that current or no cause I got every in set the rocker arms to 25 to 27 foot pounds let it just come up to Operating temperature a few times 10 times to be exact with no revs or anything crazy like that everything went good got my clutch bleed and went to take it yp my drive way when I started the truck the lifters went to ticking like crazy what did I do wrong
Welcome ! Move your post over to https://fordsix.com/forums/240-300-big-block-six-performance.2/

There are some questions to ask you, but lets get it in the right place so all the big-six guys will see it. :)

Back