Can you spin your tires with non-stock cam and stock stall?

Agreed, I put a 67 valve body in my 66 with a shift kit, and it made a huge difference being able to hold the car in gear longer and get those sharp shifts.

I downloaded a dynamic compression ratio calculator and played around a bit, and it looks like with some estimated numbers my current DCR is 7.35. That's lower than the 7.5-8.5 that I see as a good range, but not excessively low right?

Without decking the block or replacing pistons, the best I can do is 9.4 static / 8 dynamic if I stick with a composite gasket. That's milling the head to 48cc chambers (~.090" off total). If I mill the same off but use the steel shim, I'd jump to 10 / 8.5.

Any advice on those 2 options? 7.5-8.5 seems like a fairly large range... where should I aim for a reliable weekend car?

Out of curiosity, how did you arrive at 0.090" to get to 48 cc? I used a value of something like 2.15 cc per 0.010" based upon some measurements taken by others after a 0.030" shave. Maybe my numbers are off?

You know, that's a good question... I was going off the fact that the person I bought the head from said he had it shaved .060 and cc'ed at 54.5, and then from there used the 2cc per .010 estimate. But the first numbers can't be right - .060 should have brought it to about 50cc.

Usually .006" = 1cc.
Raise the pressure in your tires, and go out when it's raining.
My bone stock 200 likes to peel out, but I have 3.73 gears and a clutch.

Back