Compression Ratio and RAU Advice

Econoline":1uklijg0 said:
There are places that will one off them. I'm sure it isn't cheap though.

http://www.headgasket.com/gaskets.html

If you look on their website, the price of a 6 cyl gasket starts at $150.00, with thicknesses from 0.022 to 0.125.

Heck of a lot cheaper than an MLS gasket.
Would seal better than a NOS 0.025 Ford gasket, if you can find one.

I feel the 274 camshaft is not needed on a 200 engine for street use. You will kill your low & midrange power. Are you running flat top pistons or dished pistons??
The CI head breathes so well you need a cam in the 262-264 area both I & E. Get as much lift you can get without coil bind or retainers hitting the valve seals.
Even on a log head I will also go for the lift. Even though the head will not flow to the cams potential, remember you will hit max flow on the opening & also on the valve closing side. More area under the curve.

wsa111":29fqoqoo said:
I feel the 274 camshaft is not needed on a 200 engine for street use. You will kill your low & midrange power. Are you running flat top pistons or dished pistons??
The CI head breathes so well you need a cam in the 262-264 area both I & E. Get as much lift you can get without coil bind or retainers hitting the valve seals.
Even on a log head I will also go for the lift. Even though the head will not flow to the cams potential, remember you will hit max flow on the opening & also on the valve closing side. More area under the curve.
x 2 (y)

wsa111":3ifm4bx4 said:
Thanks for the input. Ultimately once I rebuild the bottom end I want to push BIG numbers and get into the 10's at Bandimere (5800 above sea level), but I'd still like to be able to drive the car on Sunday's if the weather's nice. I'm hoping to be able to achieve both of these by going with a turbo rather than NA on race fuel. Looks like I'm at the right place for advice while I'm mentally building this up.

Back