Has anyone recently purchased a Clifford intake manifold for a 223?

edgewood bronco

Howdy all. I just got a Duraspark II installed in the 223 in my 62 F-100 today (it runs!!) and want to upgrade the intake/exhaust. It seems like Clifford is offering less options than I remembered the last time I looked (years ago). I'd like to put an autolite 2100 on it, but they seem to only offer a kit with a Weber, and the photos on their site are of such low resolution it's hard to see what it looks like. I'm planning on calling them next week, but was wondering: Has anyone bought one recently, and if so, what was your experience?

Hey, edgewood. I purchased a 223 intake and headers from Clifford. I haven't installed them yet due to our final move from VA to NC. I plan to get after it soon. So, if you're looking for performance comments, I'm no help. If you're looking for a customer's experience ordering form them, I can tell you that they were out of stock on the intake and it look months to get one through the manufacturing process. Larry Millwee at Clifford was helpful, just took forever. They sent me the wrong headers (car vice truck) but quickly followed up with the correct set. Sorry I can't help with the performance piece yet. Good luck!

Hi Edgewood Bronco, if you really want to run an Autolite 2100 (and they are great Carb's to use) on your 223 six you might have to look for a used Ford 223 Clifford Ram Flow single 4V / 2V intake since they seem to only be selling the intakes with the Weber Carb's as a kit now. They use to sell just the bare intake and then you bough either one of the 4V or 2V carb adapters for their intakes, you could then install the Autolit / Motorcraft and or Holley Carb's (same carb mounting pattern for both). Also you can still get the Offenhauser 2 X 1V intakes and linkage kits that worked very well on stock 223's, they used two of the stock 1V Carb's. See page 29 in the below Offenhauser Catalog for more info on the 223 six Offy intakes they will fit all years of these engines in the F series pick ups. Below is also info on Patriot Headers for the 223 six'es too. Best of luck on your 223.

Exeter Auto Supply Offy Catalog
http://exeterautosupply.com/Docs/Offenhauser catalog.pdf

You can get the Patriot Headers in Black paint reasonable and also Ceramic coated for a bit more.

Back