All Small Six Help with mini starter

This relates to all small sixes
Hello I just bought my mom's 62 falcon and it has a 200 from a 65 mustang in it. Still has the stock fordomatic 2 speed and I am finding conflict in starter info. Please help

One of the Smallest in Size, Lightest, Powerful, and is also Infinitely Adjustable for the Solenoid Position in a 3 Bolt Mini Starter is the RobbMc Performance Part #3001 (see this Link). Ford Gen II Mini-Starter – PN 3001 Fits 170/200 Series L6 with 3/4" ring gear offset
There are likely some other Starters but when looking at them know that if the Solenoid Position can't be Clocked to the right spot to clear the 200 Six Block than they will not fit correctly.
More Starter details are here, Starter Swaps for the Ford 250's, 200's, & other Small Six’s
Best Wishes.

Is your Falcon a stick shift or an automatic? This matters concerns clearance on the starter nose for the torgue converter studs.
I ran a 2 bolt 78 Fairmont high torque starter on a 65 200 for many years.
The newer starters without the stud sticking out the side of the starter have more torgue

The Falcon six 2 speed automatic transmission and the later small six C4 use the same flex plate.
The early Falcon 4" diameter starter is available if you need 1/4" more clearance on the #6 header tube.
Later model starters were 4-1/2" in diameter.

Back