intercooled, non turbo

heres my "ram air" setup

the funnel is made by apc and runs 10 bucks, I had some leftover intercooler piping, but exhaust parts could be used. I know alot of people use dryer ducting too though.

hasa68mustang":3doytojf said:
heres my "ram air" setup

the funnel is made by apc and runs 10 bucks, I had some leftover intercooler piping, but exhaust parts could be used. I know alot of people use dryer ducting too though.

I hope you aren't serious...

Bort62":14j2mr9t said:
hasa68mustang":14j2mr9t said:
heres my "ram air" setup

I hope you aren't serious...

why?

if it aint broke dont fix it. so if PVC, exhaust pipe, and dryer ducting work dont fix it.
2622056_21.jpg

heck all of my trubo set up use exh. piping(hot side) and pvc (cold side) and i even used tin foil as header wrap.( it really does work and its cheap like $5)
2622056_53.jpg

2622056_52.jpg

Geesh. I hate to say it '68, but that CAI looks pretty ghetto ricerocket to me. You removed a headlight to run CAI on a 4dr sedan? And then used some huge bling intake in the process?

and 300... well - everyone knows what I think about your so called "workmanship".

ya i know but you make a turbo set up for $10 and only having some scrap exh. pipe, some scrap pvc., and a turbo. then well see how good of a craftman you are. but ya he needs to flush mount the inlet

you want cold air get a hood scoop

compressing air through a turbo actually makes it hotter, the intercooler helps negate that affect.

putting an intercooler on a N/A engine would be like hooking up a radiator to a VW

If you want a real 'ram air' effect, get a true cowl induction setup, like on the original Z28's (or modern NASCARs), The cowl area is the highest pressure area on the car.

Bort62":fcgkwlq5 said:
Geesh. I hate to say it '68, but that CAI looks pretty ghetto ricerocket to me. You removed a headlight to run CAI on a 4dr sedan? And then used some huge bling intake in the process?

and 300... well - everyone knows what I think about your so called "workmanship".

lol we didnt remove it... we broke it. it is not a serious car, it will be painted with a camo theme and have straight sidepipes. a couple stages of nitrous later and we will call it a day.

Theres a company called spectre that makes a big line of ram/cold air products that are available at most autoparts stores. They have some alternatives to gutter pieces and heater hoses which have been used by a few members around here, the few that I have seen were all really clean though.

Back