Putting the head back on soon questions.

coronadon

Just had the head resurfaced .015 to make up for the diff between the Felpro and Corteco head gaskets. After reading up on CCing your head I'm feeling remiss in not doing it when I polished the combustion chambers and everything else I could 4200 miles ago. Looking for a big syringe. Is there a nominal cc variance between chambers that would be acceptable. Not looking forward to more grinding if I can avoid it. How do you judge an increase in chamber area based on your grinding technique? Seems like a hit or miss to me. Anyone who's had experience with the Corteco head gasket, I would appreciate any tips you have on reinstalling the head. I'm going with the Classic Inlines torque specs, no additional sealant. Also read a recommendation to let sit for 24hrs. after final torque and then re-torque. Then re-torque after initial start-up. Re-using head bolts with 4200 miles on them and adding hardend 1 in. dia. flat washers under them to help spread the compression load.
Looking forward to getting your response. Thanks. Coronadon 66 FB 200.

You will need sealant on the rf headbolt cause that fastener goes into coolant area. All the other headbolts are blind.
Make sure the rf headbolt does not contact the waterpump impeller.
Junk the headbolts & go with studs. But grind off the stud that goes into the rf by 1/8" to prevent it hitting the waterpump impeller.

Back