All Small Six Replace Load a Matic Distributor with Dual Advance?

This relates to all small sixes

Alkraut

Hello, I have a 1966 Mustang with a professionally rebuilt SCV type carburetor and a Load a Matic distributor. I have an opportunity to get a remanufactured dual advance distributor DODF-12127-E, which is for a 68-74 Fairlane, Mustang etc. It has a vacuum advance with two ports.
My carb is a Motorcraft “1940 Holley” and it works well. Can this carb be used if the ported SCV port is plugged And the replacement distributor connects to manifold vacuum. Maybe the outer port? Anyone have good experience with this type of setup? Will the car have more power and drivability? Suggestions and advice are much appreciated!

Hello, I have a 1966 Mustang with a professionally rebuilt SCV type carburetor and a Load a Matic distributor. I have an opportunity to get a remanufactured dual advance distributor DODF-12127-E, which is for a 68-74 Fairlane, Mustang etc. It has a vacuum advance with two ports.
My carb is a Motorcraft “1940 Holley” and it works well. Can this carb be used if the ported SCV port is plugged And the replacement distributor connects to manifold vacuum. Maybe the outer port? Anyone have good experience with this type of setup? Will the car have more power and drivability? Suggestions and advice are much appreciated!
Sir, the dual advance distributor have one port for emissions.
Your engine will not perform any better, maybe worse.
You need to look at my distributors in the small six for sale section of the forum.
All of them use just ported or manifold depending on your build.
Questions feel free to respond.
If interested email me of message me. billythedistributorman@live.com Bill wsa111

Yup, the dual advance units arent that great, its better to get a single advance non-SCV, even better to get a later single advance DuraSpark 1 or 2 (electronic ignition rather than points), and whatever you get - getting it recurved (or doing it yourself) is worth it.

Back