Some more Dyno Results

73GreenMachine

Last week, the Cortina got strapped on the dyno for the third time in two months. Previous work showed a power of 102rwkw with fuel supply issues above 3800rpm. Given what has been done to the motor, I wanted to try another company, one more suited to LPG performance work. A brief rundown of the setup is:

250ci bored 20 thou over, blueprinted and balanced
200ci rods and ACL Race Series dished pistons (~9.8-10:1 compression)
282 degree Crow Cam
Yella Terra Roller Rockers with chrome moly rods (Thanks to Mike and Classic Inlines!)
Ported log head with oversized intake and exhaust valves
Nissan 65-70mm throttle body with Impco 225 mixer and L series converter
Custom 6 into 2 extractors with twin 2" exhaust system
Recurved Bosch XD Falcon distributor with vacuum (20 degrees initial advance 35 final)
Crane Hi-6 ignition system with Fireball Coil (the built in rev limiter is very useful)
Celica Steel Case 5 Speed gearbox with heavy duty clutch
Standard 2.92:1 open differential

With the above setup, the car made 123rwkw, still with some room for improvement due to fuel control issues and a mystery misfire that still isn't fixed. For some reason, this dyno run showed the mixture go rich as it approached the top end, in total contrast to the previous run. If anybody is interested I will post the dyno graphs.
I think 130rwkw would be possible with this setup, but do not wish to spend more time/money tuning it as I have a 2v head and am soon to acquire a gas research throttle body. I may even go the new aluminium head depending on exchange rates and the cost to rebuild the 2v, whichever is the more economic choice. I think this must be near the capability of the log head.
The aim with the next setup is to try and crack 160rwkw and hopefully the 13 second quarter mile that I have been chasing for the last few years!

Back