Turbo setup with offy tri power?

it may not be economically feasible for triple carbs but what about the triple TBI intake that is coming out for the Aluminum head that would eliminate most of the need of tuning and retuning like you would with carbs

Bort62":3kz0doom said:
Doing a tri-carb draw through into 3 manifold holes may be cool to you, but it's cool in the same way as dating your sister is cool. It's different, it's challenging - but at the end of the day, there are some really good fundamental reasons that you just shouldn't do it.

dude that aint cool to date your sister thats just plain wrong you guys are family hopefully i miss understood you but i do think the tri setup hahahaha

how are you going to make something great if you never make something crazy lol

-Mr.T

it might work probably not be still it might

Stanger66":7nvmqb4y said:
dude that aint cool to date your sister thats just plain wrong you guys are family hopefully i miss understood you but i do think the tri setup hahahaha

-Mr.T

I think you did misunderstand. He's saying it's not cool. ;)

He does have a way with words.

wallaka":yvb20nmq said:
Stanger66":yvb20nmq said:

-Mr.T

I think you did misunderstand. He's saying it's not cool. ;)

He does have a way with words.

I think I got moderated a little tho, I don't remember typing date...

What would be the rationale of having three carbs feeding into turbocharger?

Three draw through turbo's might sound enticing, but what happens when one of those turbos inevitably fails from wildly fluctuating exhaust pulsations.

A much more elegant solution would be a TBI with plenum controlled by something like a Megasquirt.

LUCKY13":s4kcage3 said:
http://moparmarketforum.com/phpBB/garage.php?mode=view_gallery_item&type=garage_gallery&image_id=117

Jess
That only works if you are a member.
deniedMoparViewing.jpg

[cue banjos]
FWIW there are situations where you can do whatever you like with your sister, for example I heard a story on Tuesday where a brother and sister are legally married. The story goes like this. Divorced parents, the mother starts dating. The daughter is also of dating age and is dating. The mother has met the daughters boyfriend, the daughter has met the mother's boyfriend but neither have met the boyfriends family, so they plan on a 'double date' the mother and her boyfriend got there first, and when the daughter and her boyfriend show up, the father says 'hi son'. Both couples are married now. And suddenly I am my own grandpa!
[/banjos]

I got to agree with Ian, adding multiple carbs before a turbo seems like a large pain for the 'cool'? factor. Adding multiple inlets to the log, perhaps useful but when the fuel/air mix is pressurized the NA lean conditions in the outter cylinders is greatly reduced. For some reason I am picturing a bent8 I saw once that had a single small turbo for each cylinder with a 1bbl on each intake runner, sure it was complicated, sure it worked (I hope) but why on gawd's green Earth would you put yourself or your mechanic through that Hell? I am far more impressed by a clean (sanitary) engine bay irregardless of power output then I am with some gawdy conglomeration of a living version of the Microsoft 'pipes' screensaver.

-ron

CoupeBoy":1136lihp said:
I am far more impressed by a clean (sanitary) engine bay irregardless of power output then I am with some gawdy conglomeration of a living version of the Microsoft 'pipes' screensaver.

-ron

HA! That's the best description of some turbo plumbing I've ever heard!

this may be a little off topic but i just want to say i couldnt stop looking at the Offy setup on your six... i just finished my rebuild a couple months ago on my 200 with Cliffords build and they put the Offenhauser up just recently... i think ill try to resist..
it looks really good and i bet runs even better.. good luck with whatever you decide to do with it..

Back