what carb

hannibal2

hi with the engine being tuned up + 60 on the pistons ,new cam, adj rocker arm ,new exhaust manifold ,dui distributer,head polished , dual timng chain

other than the offy tri carb setup what carb can I use to really increase the power also how do I fit a turbo?

Howdy Hannibal2:

Need more info. What CR are you running? What cam are you using? What is the purpose/goal with this engine? Is the "new manifold" a cast log, OEM type? What trans?

Carb choices for NA (naturally aspirated) or turbo-charged will be quite different. So will CR and cam.

Adios, David

I am using a 264h cam and adjustable rocker arm the head is the stock log head that has been reworked with widened exhaust ports and fully polished.

I know that to get more power I am proberly better off with the alluminum head but was trying to get the best results out of the origanal stock head and block. as for the cr Im not sure yet as the engine is being balanced and built as we speak.

what is the desired cr I am after.

Howdy Back:

Again, What is the purpose and intended use for this engine? As a general rule for an all-around street engine, with ocassional trips down the strip, 9:1 on most pump gas is a good all-around CR goal. Many factors enter into selecting more or less; elevation, cam, gas octane rating, trans, gearing, vehicle weight.....

Now, if your going the turbo route, your CR goal may be somewhat different.

As a starter, I'd suggust that you modify the carb mount on your OEM head to be able to direct mount the carb(s) you chose. A 2 barrel Holley 2300 or an Autolite 2100 is a good, all-around choice. Many on this site have gone this route and can help you with details. The 3 X 1s set-up you mentioned is very cool, but a little more involved in setup and maintainance. The Holley/Webers are also a good choice for a mostly street engine.

There is a thread for turbo and blown applications in this forum. You might inquire over there for options to consider.

Adios, David

9:1 sounds good I do want an all round street car I have opted for the c4 trans but upgraded to a 9 inch on the rear with lsd might be over kill but a good selling point to the v8 heads out there . my car can be seen on www.classic-mustang.co.uk under projects the phils cars then 68 coupe project tell us what you think I should do go for standard interior or race ready?

Back