67 mustang 200ci autolite 1100

John_mcgarvie

Hello first post on this forum.Mustang forums are all about v8 s .
Im having trouble geting my car running rite.I just purchased an autolite 1100 with spark arrester because mine had a holley 1940 w/o spark arrester and it would not work with my distributor. I need help tuning it and timing since the new vacuume advance has a diferent set point.

:unsure: If yours is a 1967 that still has all its origanal parts i.e. The correct 67 distributor than that Holley 1940 sould be right and work correctly. You wouldn't want or need a carb with a SCV unless you have the older LOD distributor, these weren't used in 1967. If you can post some pictures of your parts it would be helpful or you could also checkout this recent post it may be of some help in the ID of your parts too. Good luck :nod:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=73809

Weren't they? The 1940(ford version) is a SCV carb, oem replacement right? 67 came with an 1100, someone replaced that with the 1940. Non LOM engines didn't appear until 68-69 right?

"...Non LOM engines didn't appear until 68…right"
correct, '68 & beyond is my understanding.

HOwdy John:

And Welcome to the FORUM! It's all about sixes over here. We can usually help.

A couple of questions first. Is your Mustang a Calif. car originally? When you say, "spark arrestor" I'm guessing you mean the Spark Control Valve on the side of the carb? Is that correct?

First check all connection on the metal line/rubber tube that connects the carb vacuum to the distributor vacuum advance canister to make sure there are no leaks and that it is not plugged. IF that is correct, disconnect and plug the vacuum line and plug it, then hook up your timing light- be sure to mark the timing mark on the damper with a piece of chalk. Now start the engine, blip the throttle while watching the mark with the timing light. You should see the mark move. If it does, proceed with timing. If it doesn't you have a problem somewhere. Is this a manual trans car? or au

FYI- there is a sticky in the small six forum somewhere that accurately describes the function of the SCV and the Load-O-Matic distributor. It is worth reading.

The Holley 1940 carb was a factory replacement carb for the 1100, after Autolite went out of business. They were a generic carb adapted to many different applications. For our engines they seldom work perfectly.

Where are you located? Elevation can be a factor as well as the choke system on these carbs. Is the Autolite 1100 you got a new carb/rebuild? Rebuilt carbs are notoriously poorly put together.

Keep it coming and again, welcome.

Adios, David

Yes it is a loadomatic dis with a new vacuums advance and the carb is being sent from ebay came off the car running but i mite hafe to open it up for a rebuild im in sc so sea level and automatic c4 i am going to order an electronic ignition to replace the points i know but i have discussed this at lengths and it seams the best way to go

Back