Classic Inlines - Cold air induction kit

60sMustang

I recently finished my rebuild and added the Classic Inlines cold air induction kit. I have the engine and transmission all installed and I'm in the process of testing it before I install the hood again. My concern is hood clearance, it looks like the 3" pipe coming off the carb hat is going to be close on the hood clearance.

I have a 66 mustang coupe, 200, with stock carb spacer in place and stock autolite 1100 carb.

Has anyone else with this combination had a hood clearance issue? I couldn't imagine Classic Inlines would sell the kit without the mention of it creating a problem. It may just be an optical illusion though too, I know the hood is crowned in the middle so it may be fine. Just curious until I get the hood back on the car.

If so what are some ideas for a fix?

I have the same kit on the pice right over the valve cover you want to make sure the hose clamp screw is on the side. I have 1/4 to 1/2 ince clearance on my 65 .the pipe can be smooch a little to if needed.

64-5mustang":lhl1q9qa said:
I have the same kit on the pice right over the valve cover you want to make sure the hose clamp screw is on the side. I have 1/4 to 1/2 ince clearance on my 65 .the pipe can be smooch a little to if needed.

Thanks!

I am also installing the optional support bracket on the filter end, which I will use to pull the whole unit down as much as possible. I also considered making that top piece right off the carb hat an oval if needed instead of round.

Just giving an update: I got the hood back on and all is well. Not sure how much clearance there is but its not touching the hood so that's enough for me.... :D

da66stang":2c9y3y8p said:
Where did you get this one from? I think I checked with does10s a bit ago and they were out.

Classic Inlines...I think I bought one of the last ones they had from nocancer@msn.com. I think the carb hat and base plate(depending on the carb you have) is the only thing that you can't buy direct from Spectre though.

I'm not sure if does10s and nocancer@msn.com are the same person, but maybe email nocancer@msn.com and see if he has anymore.

I think the baseplates were a CI creation. You might have to ping Does10s to see if he still has any of the adapters around. If not, you might scour the for sale section. Maybe someone has one they're not using anymore.

well, it includes a webber baseplate, but CI may have had other adapters. For what I wanted, I do not need a baseplate at all.

RichCreations":2htx1bsf said:
well, it includes a webber baseplate, but CI may have had other adapters. For what I wanted, I do not need a baseplate at all.

I have a weber as well so this should work. Mind if I ask where you found the rest of the tubing?

RichCreations":2fwnoa4z said:
I think I found another source for the carb hats. Looks exactly the same.
http://www.piercemanifolds.com/product_p/99217.090.htm

Love to retain all these prts sources. Since Mike's passing (RIP, my brother) I've not seen any focus where we could gather these things for future access. Any one following up on this? Just an archive of some sort...

I have a weber as well so this should work. Mind if I ask where you found the rest of the tubing?

I am not doing exactly the same setup (turbo), but the C.I. setup was just spectre parts, any 2.5" cold air/intercooler tubing would work.

da66stang":3sdzay8a said:
RichCreations":3sdzay8a said:

I got mine from Classic Inlines, but all the parts(except carb hat) are Spectre parts that can be found at their website or somewhere like summit racing, etc. The kit included the Carb hat, 90 degree 3" pipe(one end longer than the other), 3" 45 degree pipe(both ends short), both rubber boots(one is a step down from 3" to 2.5" I think), and 5.5" cone filter.

Spectre

I know them, sell their stuff, probably a huge site so I wont visit…
Sounds like a nice complete kit. Rather than click over to there can you tell me how much that stuff was?
Thank you!

chad":3e1il6ss said:
Spectre

I know them, sell their stuff, probably a huge site so I wont visit…
Sounds like a nice complete kit. Rather than click over to there can you tell me how much that stuff was?
Thank you!

I bought mine through nocancer@msn.com, when he was clearing out Classic Inlines' stock, so it was discounted. I want to say it was 175.00 for everything, but I bought the valve cover and a couple other things along with it so honestly I don't remember. Their site shows 249.00 for the kit with the options I got.

o0OPPp, doesn't count if from "us" then, thanks anyway.

Tryin 2 develop a list of all the sm parts & their vendors Mike usta list @ CI…
Got a long, long, long, long, long…
wayta go.

Back