1961 144 vs '68 200cid

it is a good lookin 1 ('60 -3 or is it 4?) I like them beddah!.
I don't C any w/the lill chrome/plastic figurines on top
of the fenders up frnt near hdlghts. Was that a mercury, or an earlier more upscale vehicle (mid/late 50s)?

I luv pic, thnx 4 sharin.

Methinks some refer to them as gun sites. I don't see them much on the early Falcons. Must be a special trim package along w/the stainless trim on the side panels. The Merc's used them a lot in the 50's and early 60's. My mom and dad drove Merc's back in the late 50's and onward. Love '57 w/ the giant M on the grille. Dad had one. Mom didn't drive till she was in her early 30's and dad got her a '53 Merc abt '62 or 3 to haul my bother and I around. Later on they had a pair of '60 a sedan and a Commuter wagon (383 powered), '62, '63 brezzeway top, '66 Parklane w/a brezzeway top 410 powered. It lasted till the late '70's and I was out on my own. By the later 60's dad had gotten a job that provided a company car so he was driving big Fords and Chrysler (looked like cop cars) Probably tmi.

Terry

196158A":1o42t9bs said:
Methinks some refer to them as gun sites. I don't see them much on the early Falcons. Must be a special trim package along w/the stainless trim on the side panels. The Merc's used them a lot in the 50's and early 60's. My mom and dad drove Merc's back in the late 50's and onward. Love '57 w/ the giant M on the grille. Dad had one. Mom didn't drive till she was in her early 30's and dad got her a '53 Merc abt '62 or 3 to haul my bother and I around. Later on they had a pair of '60 a sedan and a Commuter wagon (383 powered), '62, '63 brezzeway top, '66 Parklane w/a brezzeway top 410 powered. It lasted till the late '70's and I was out on my own. By the later 60's dad had gotten a job that provided a company car so he was driving big Fords and Chrysler (looked like cop cars) Probably tmi.
Terry
funny, oneada co. cars dad accepted wuz a malabu (or may B a buick, nah it wuz the che**y) every time he tried to pull away frm a light or stop sign it wuz hard to keep back wheels frm spinnin. - I'll look to the merc.s & late 50s for the "gun sights". Thnx!

Back