All Small Six 250 parts on a 200 ?

This relates to all small sixes
Oh well, easy come easy go on the gaskets. Thanks John, that’s very helpful. Is that a custom monte carlo bar? I’ve not seen a wide center section like that before.
Yes. I made it by cutting up and reshaping a curved monte carlo bar and adding section from an old bicycle frame
Also John, is that a 4 or 6 blade fan ? I’m not sure if they are the same width. I have a 4 blade, non AC set up. The pilot hole in the fan fit the pilot on the water pump hub ?
It's the 4 blade fan that came with the engine. It's about 14" across.

The fan can't be too much larger because it's not centered on the radiator and I think that it will hit things (I experimented with putting a larger V8 fan on and it didn't work. But I'm ashamed to confess that I don't recall exactly why other than it hit something).

I can tell you that the fan (and, of course, the water pump) is offset to the right side (pass. side). The tip of the fan blades is at the right side of the radiator fins and about 2-1/2 inches from the end of the finned area on the driver's side, leaving those radiator fins "uncovered" by the fan blades. I don't know whether the photo will help but I've attached one anyway :)

Yes, the pilot hole on the fan fit the water pump hub nub but it seems to me that I had to enlarge the center hole on the V8 fan I experimented with.

Attachments

• Fan.jpg
    Fan.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 3
Oh well, easy come easy go on the gaskets. Thanks John, that’s very helpful. Is that a custom monte carlo bar? I’ve not seen a wide center section like that before.

Those head gasket look to be in good condition and usable you can always trade those head gaskets to someone building a 144 or 170 six the steel shim gaskets are getting not as easy to find anymore.

I’d be happy to share them. I removed the rust in a few spots and there is some pitting so I’m not sure how functional they are.

I think should still be workable used with some kind of sealer, I have always liked using the spray on Copper Coat on these type steel shim gaskets as the best way to seal them at assembly it works very well. When I was starting out in the trades I also seen lots of the old timers that would just use Silver or Gold color spray paint to seal the head gaskets. Once long ago during my high school years my buddy was in a pinch and to get by we had hand lapped the valves on his head and used some white spray paint we had in the shop on the used head gasket to get his engine back together and running again. Not saying its a good think to use a used head gasket over but sometimes back than there was more time than money.

8 or so 'raise the hood' on the problematic 60s / 70s fords. Ck me later if needing, the mount/tower suggestions above R 1. The 250 bell fits all the sbf transmissions (1 reason Y its in my bronk now, other is the tq & rpm @ which peaks).

Back