All Small Six 83 large log exhaust porting

This relates to all small sixes
my suggestions? geta nother head if U wanna go further. Use this one 4 awhile. C what U think (3 - 9 mo?). If U wanna go further have the other head done further than this. Slap it on ina day or 3 (depending - U been on here awhile, gettin 'experienced" ! ) But ahma DD so don't want 'dwn time'. Havea buncha heads...

Click here and scroll down to #11 for links to the BBD swap.

Try this link:

Also within this body of information was this description of a large 1v Monojet that sounds interesting:

Post #19 by 63falcon4drwagon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:20 pm
Want a 250 cfm carb that will bolt on a large log head?
1968 and 1969 Camaro six-cylinder engines (the standard 230ci/140hp and the optional 250ci/155hp), received the Rochester "Monojet" (1MV) one-barrel carburetors rated at 250 CFM.
1-11/16" throttle bore with 1-1/2" venturi = 250 cfm
$96.99 on Amazon.
It has the same 75mm stud spacing as the Carter YFA which is a bolt on to a 1978 large log Ford carb adapter.

I have seen pics of the Monojet and it looks tall so not sure about getting one mounted and having hood clearance issues.

I'm trying to figure this out... let's see
You're hogging out the Ford 200 log?
The large log flows at something like 124-146 cfm.
The BBD flows at 250- or 275 cfm depending on carb?
And it fits next to the valve cover?

1634059306189.png

Last edited:
I read the whole thread on this topic and googled a few carbs mentioned. It's beyond my pay grade. Back to porting.

Last edited:
Also within this body of information was this description of a large 1v Monojet that sounds interesting:

1968 and 1969 Camaro six-cylinder engines (the standard 230ci/140hp and the optional 250ci/155hp), received the Rochester "Monojet" (1MV) one-barrel
a bronk duz best w/a huge 1v as the i6 has low rev tq. I've done all I can to support that (motor choice, cam, carb, long tube hdrs, gears, etc.) In some of these cases I did not take it further (300/4.9, HUGE RV cam, the RBS is a move but not as helpfull as above carb (s).
I think they (BBD) 'clear the VC" by a sideways mount on the log. It also helps w/the throttle link. Ask Seth

The time to do a direct mount & a center exhaust port divider must be done first thing before doing anything else.
Reason, after preheating head to braze around log for a direct mount & a center exhaust port divider could produce cracks.
After these are done the head should be checked for cracks.
After that then do all the port work & installation of larger valves & resurfacing can be done without doing $$$$ amount on a cracked head.

Back