Almost ready to fire!

My new megasquirt 2 system is all wired up and ready to fire, I just need to figure out how to give it a base tune. Is it easier to just start with a tune of a similar straight 6 and just tweak it to suit my 200?

Go to Stangnet and talk to Steve A91What on the MegaSquirt page. Tell him XECUTE sent you. The base set up for semi bank fire will be similar to what Mike1157 ( now Carmichealangelo) used in 2018 when he removed the turbo on his 250 X flow. Either Steve or Mike will have a default A9L table which can be de fueled to suit your 25% smaller engine.

Any problems, Facebook me.

If you enter all the pertinent information in basic settings the engine should start and run without much drama. I've installed four of them, this has been true with all of them.

The main thing is to verify the crank timing (distributor, crank trigger) is close. I would check spark with a timing light before the fuel pump is enabled to verify.

From there, a wide band tells you how to set up fuel maps. I've done them with a narrowband, but checking them afterward with a wide band the WOT is always way richer than needed. I will tune with a wide band from now on. You can switch to a narrow band sensor once the base maps are dialed. I even ran one without O2 feedback for several months (due to a strange O2 noise issue). Ran fine on the base map.

I'm having some issues with getting the rpm to sync and I'm not getting any reading while cranking. I'm also getting no reading at the A/F megasquirt gauge. Is there something I need to configure? What is a good base pressure to set the fuel regulator at? Its currently around 60psi. Thanks for the help

Back