Anyone modified a 4bbl intake for EFI use yet? (300-6)

A

Anonymous

We all know how bad the intake system is on the EFI 300-6. I have a Spare Offy 360* 4bbl intake that I was thinking of making a 4bbl to 5.0L mustang throttle body adaptor for and welding injector bungs on the runners at the same spots as the EFI intakes have them. That would allow the use of all the stock fuel lines and such and the 5.0 throttle sensor and Idle air control will work just fine with the stock computer with a few simple wire splices as they use the same voltages. That should allow easy breathing past 5000rpm and wouldn't be too hard to tune. I'm also thinking it would make my turbo install easier as I could face the throttle body any direction I wanted. I also think the 4.6L SOHC upper intake and throttle could work also.

I've looked at it for my modified Oz250 intake manifold that fits a 4V. I personally would use the 4.6 Throttle Body. At least if hood clearance is an issue like on my mustang. That way I can turn the air flow 90*.

Slade

I talked to SCT (sctflash.com) and there software will tune 94-95 EEC-IV calf./NY emission 4.9L's which have MAF. Those still use the same 60pin wiring harness as the 87-93 EFI and only a few wires need to be added for the MAF and individual Injectors (its also a SEFI instead of batch fire)

I found this info on another board last night and here are the pinouts for EEC-IV f150 computers.
http://fordfuelinjection.com/truckpinouts.html

car-parts.com has these computers for around 50$!

I KNOW SCT tuned a 96' F-150 300-6 Turbo that was using a stock 96' MAF EEC. I talked to my contact and he said he knows that have tuned a few MAF 300-6's before and that there software will tune 95% of the MAF computers avalible. My thunderbird is tuned by SCT and I still have the stock 3.8L MAF EEC in it, and its a rare catch code.

The thing he doesn't have is a list off catch code for each engine, just a list of catch codes they support so I really need to find the 3 or 4 digit catch codes of all the EEC's avalible for the 300-6. Worse comes to worse I KNOW they support the 93' 3.8 t-bird/cougar eec and he said that will plug into the 60pin harness also but I can't find a pinout for it (I have 2 93' 3.8l MAF eec's from parts cars I have) Right now I'm just trying to locate the Catch codes so I can send them to him. He recommend I switch to the 96' EEC-V though since they are 4 bank EEC, you can flash them, and you can data log them.

Also, on the SCT dealer they have to purchase EEC catch codes to be able to tune them. The dealer you talk to probibly only had the Mustang and Lightning catch codes purchased. I've got my own sct software (EASY to tune with, using a wideband O2 I can use any chunk of highway to do "dyno pulls") and it costs me 300$ of each additional catch code I want to purchase. SCT will ONLY sell private party people catch codes for vehicals they actually own.

Back