All Small Six Camshaft endplay

This relates to all small sixes
Yes, in my neck of the woods we call the thrust plate a retainer in the books it is called a thrust plate, old habits die hard and in the book's wedding ring is just spacer.
I do not see how it would be too tight using factory parts. You do not want it sloppy sliding back and forth.
While we are working on using more standard terms, gears mesh together, think big six, sprockets mesh with chains, small six. OH, and George J worked for a company that made them.;)

Thanks for the terms clarification; you taught me something I did not know so always appreciate the additional knowledge. By the way, I mic'd the thrust plate and ring and my numbers were virtually identical to the measurements you provided. Plate was .1614" and spacer was .1643". I pulled it all apart, cleaned everything again and reassembled. Still the same, zero endplay as the cam journal mates with the inside of the thrust plate and the sprocket mates with the outside of the thrust plate. Like you mentioned, might not be an issue as the cam freely spins. Always appreciate the help, so thanks again.

Back