carcraft article on ford 203ci 235 hp

:unsure: Uhhhhhhhhh Chad.The intake and exhaust ARE on the same side on the 300.And also on the small block.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

chad":yxja08vu said:
Joshwho-
that's the vehicle the Falcon (engine) wuz built to beat. the Bug wuz decimatin the american auto industry (~1960) and ford brought out the 144 ci in response (but w/bigger trunk, roll up windows, real frame, bigger cabin, etc).

@ near 1600cc is that about 144ci?

The late 50's Beetle only had a 1200 cc (36hp) engine. The 1300, 1500, and 1600 engines didn't arrive until the 60's and 70's. The Falcon 144 was huge by comparison.

Falcon's were a unibody with no frame per se. OTOH, the Beetle had a separate chassis. Beetles had roll up windows, too.

woodbutcher":1cnnqzv4 said:
:unsure:
Uhhhhhhhhh Chad.The intake and exhaust ARE on the same side on the 300.And also on the small block.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

woops, thought not, well don't they have some seperation or sompin different then the sm 6? Hummm, now I think of it they got the same single bolts each hold the intake & exhaust to the block?

"...Beetles had roll up windows, too...."
didn't the early model ('50s - had that "peep hole" for a rear window) have sliders in metal tracks like the British?
That wuz when the 'beats', college professors, & what the congregations bought their clergy had 'em.
:rolflmao:

loved how the original article said some people called GM's LS engines boring.

Call me some people :nod: :nod:
all of their great innovations on those LS engines (with one exception I'll admit) I find in most Ford engines in the last 30-40 years.

Back