"Close Enough" Turbo Kit?

a kit that would work with my 250ci with minor modifications.
unfortunately no turbo 'kit' available for Ford Small Block Six AFAIH, adapting an existing turbo setup to the six probably -' simplest' but many options open for the resourceful...

with my limited resources, 250 was adapted to the pre-fuel injection Buick/Olds/Pontiac carbureted' - Draw-Thru turbo setup from early 80's with a homemade adapter and some 'minor modifications'.

'got the idea from MacInnes turbo bible - "Turbochargers":

RW HP went from 88 RWHP to 191 @ 4K RPM !

. . . .

hav e fun

Fair enough. I don't mind physical difficulty as long as I have the know-how. But I don't.
I'm no turbo expert either. You can learn and figure it out, I'm sure. That's part of what prevents everything from being easy. I do all my own work except for machining, so I'm into the sweat equity too. I enjoy it.

Please do some reading on the subject before you do any thing, A Graham Bell has a good book, forced induction. https://www.amazon.com.au/Forced-Induction-Performance-Tuning-Graham/dp/1859606911
I would also add that a positive displacement blower will give a better all round feel on the street, the level of difficulty is slightly higher, but IMO performance is better. PS the kit shown above will require a LOT of work to get installed and running well.
I have a blown 200 crossflow down here in Australia, its great on the road, I did all the fit up myself, I did have the advantage of being in the Auto trade. I have had turbos and the big cam carby thing, blown is best.RIMG0044.JPG

If you want to do it cheap, go to a wrecker and find one a turbo from a similar size engine. Make a exhaust manifold outlet flange adapter to suit. run it blow through so you don't need a carbon seal.

Please do some reading on the subject before you do any thing, A Graham Bell has a good book, forced induction. https://www.amazon.com.au/Forced-Induction-Performance-Tuning-Graham/dp/1859606911
I would also add that a positive displacement blower will give a better all round feel on the street, the level of difficulty is slightly higher, but IMO performance is better. PS the kit shown above will require a LOT of work to get installed and running well.
I have a blown 200 crossflow down here in Australia, its great on the road, I did all the fit up myself, I did have the advantage of being in the Auto trade. I have had turbos and the big cam carby thing, blown is best.View attachment 18975
Any opportunity to whip this pic out hey, lol.

So the question needs to be asked.
How much power do you want to make?
The eternal l question. The answer, "speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?" i rekon i spent about $3000, and that was mostly for junk, and i did all the work for free. A light car, (around 1300kg) only needs about 200kW to be quite zippy on the road.

Back