"Close Enough" Turbo Kit?

You will need an ignition system that can control timing in relation to boost.
What ignition system are you thinking of using?

250 honest BHP from the 250 will need at least a bar of boost, given that the stock engine was probably only around 100bhp. That will require some work to achieve, but you should be OK with an un-opened engine. A "few psi" wont be enough. Do get a text book and read up, this will help a lot. You need to be realistic about this.

That works for me, but I run LPG which is IMO boost friendly. I run the stock Australian Bosch system. Up to 1 bar boost.
True, but the old mustang points system wont come near that, he will need an electronic conversion.

It does not matter what he does it will all cost money weather it be NA or forced induction and trying to make a log fast requires either a lot of knowledge and tooling or money.

Would I be able to get 250hp from machine work? And would it be cheaper that turbocharging?
No and No. My point is none of it is cheap. If you could do it all yourself and could source good used parts you may be able to coble something together for $1500 US maybe, but again you wont be able to make 250hp on a standard motor. No matter which way you cut it your hp goal will not be 'cheap'.

The closest most cost effective way you could get near it was with my offer of a free crossflow head and valve train, hence why I offered it in the first place.

No and No. My point is none of it is cheap. If you could do it all yourself and could source good used parts you may be able to coble something together for $1500 US maybe, but again you wont be able to make 250hp on a standard motor. No matter which way you cut it your hp goal will not be 'cheap'.

The closest most cost effective way you could get near it was with my offer of a free crossflow head and valve train, hence why I offered it in the first place.
And I really appreciate your offer, Cox. And to be quite honest, I've been so busy here recently, between my closest friend's wedding and a long trip that I totally forgot. I'm just torn between trying to save money so that I can ask the girl that I like to go out with me or try to impress her.

While a car may spark a woman's interest, she is really interested (or not) in the driver and what kind of man he is.
Very true, Kritas. I'll try to figure out what is necessary to get the car lookin' nice. And try to look into performance after I have that sorted out. I just am not quite sure what I want, having never done this before. I didn't realize how stressful a project car would be.

Back