Cross Flow with Automatic?


Top Poster
Staff member
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
The type F trans fuild was used in US Ford cars & trucks well into the late 1970''s and probally until end of production of the C4's I always use it in my C4's. I don't know for sure about what the Austrians used for transmissions but maybe you can search online for a copy of an Australian car owners manual for the year of your engine and trans? If you post a picture of your trans I can probably ID it. Good luck (y) :nod:


Active member
I wish i had a pic of the transmission, before I put it in my Ranchero. But my Son put it in the car and said he thought it was different than my C-4 ?