All Small Six eBay Header install on Large Log head

This relates to all small sixes
I ended up cutting the egr tube, smashing it with a hammer and reinstalling. it sounds awesome now, probably enough to get the attention of my neighbor with a 2021 mustang with loud exhaust

Not confident about getting exhaust pipes on this setup...

I can't get the tubes they sent with it to fit

The collector is also resting on top of the starter

You will probably need to get a high torque starter that can be clocked to give you the clearance. Search this site for and it will tell you what you need for you application and tranny type

See our dearly departed Lavron's header thread I put up. Your header is probably not made for a big bell 200. some spacers like Lavron made should work.

Last edited:
quick question: i see your single barrel carb has a choke on it. is it the standard one that opens up with heat from the exhaust manifold? if so how did you set it up with the headers?

quick question: i see your single barrel carb has a choke on it. is it the standard one that opens up with heat from the exhaust manifold? if so how did you set it up with the headers?
Electric is nice, you could also get a manual chokeđź‘Ť

Only time will tell how long the starter will hold up to the extra heat.

The header seems like it's designed for the high mount block application.

I'm thinking I might grab one of the C3DE-9430-A manifolds off ebay now.

If I do that I'll probably also pick up a port divider and install that. Found a place down the street that does welding.

I've been driving it more since its been raining a lot and I prefer not to take out the mustang in those conditions.

What size exhaust are you using? The C3 exhaust manifold has a 1-3/4" outlet. The C8 manifolds are set up for a 2" pipe.

Back