Efi build help

FC347 Tech

Hey, thanks for the add to the forum. I'm contemplating what I need for my 4.9 efi build. I blew my original 4.9 ( I was off roading ) in my 1989 bronco and decided to rebuild it. I bought a second motor and took it apart. I have access to engine machine equipment and I know how to use it. I have a basic rebuild kit with .020 over pistons (I bored and honed the block), I did some mild port work to the heads, plugged the air pump ports in the head. A valve job is soon to follow. Upgraded parts that I have bought add up to the Scorpion 1.73 rockers, and headers. And I also have a 302 truck throttle body that I swapped parts around to fit the 4.9, the manifold will be bored to match the new throttle body. My question is what do you guys think I need for electrical components? I'm looking at 17 lb injectors and a mega squirt system (still need to learn more about the system) what are your guys suggestions? Will 17lb injectors work? And is a mega squirt system going to work?

Btw, whatever the engine makes it makes, I have no specific HP goals for the engine. I just want to put it back in with the factory wiring harness and have it work.
Thank you all in advance!!!

yes the Megasquirt system will work and the 17 lb injectors should be fine since you are using a stock replacement cam.
You will need a wide band O2 sensor.

yes the Megasquirt system will work and the 17 lb injectors should be fine since you are using a stock replacement cam.
You will need a wide band O2 sensor.
How hard or not had is the mega squirt system to install? I'm a novice when it comes to wiring, and I know little to nothing about the system. And do you think I will need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? Or will the factory spec one be fine?

If the stock wiring harness is in good shape you can use the plug off the stock computer and wire the MS to the stock plug so the MS simply plugs into the stock harness like the original unit.

The stock fuel pressure regulator will be fine.

And is a mega squirt system going to work?
Btw, I just want to put it back in with the factory wiring harness and have it work.
I plan on doing the same on my project. From what I've read I plan on getting the Microsquirt and wiring it into the old Ford computer plug and using the stock harness. The stock harness is setup for batch fire injectors and TFI ignition which the Microsquirt supports.
There is a Plug and Play box to replace the stock computer for Mustang V8s but unless someone here knows otherwise I don't think it's been verified on the six and I think a couple of the pin-outs on the harness plug are different.

if you hadn't ordered the injectors yet you'd be far better off with the siemens deka 80s from chris at poweraddersolutions for the same price. You can use discount code DECIPHA for a forum discount. No reason to replace the stock ecu its more than capable of doing what you need.

if you hadn't ordered the injectors yet you'd be far better off with the siemens deka 80s from chris at poweraddersolutions for the same price. You can use discount code DECIPHA for a forum discount. No reason to replace the stock ecu its more than capable of doing what you need.
Are you sure that old 1989 speed density computer will be able to compensate?

I don't know what you mean by compensate but you can dial it in no problem.

If your running the higher 58psi base pressure then go ahead and get the 60s they are the same price as the 80s and still plenty.

I plan on doing the same on my project. From what I've read I plan on getting the Microsquirt and wiring it into the old Ford computer plug and using the stock harness. The stock harness is setup for batch fire injectors and TFI ignition which the Microsquirt supports.
There is a Plug and Play box to replace the stock computer for Mustang V8s but unless someone here knows otherwise I don't think it's been verified on the six and I think a couple of the pin-outs on the harness plug are different.
Does Holley make a universal self learning kit?

If you look in the instructions on page 23 on the Initial Wizard you can select Universal System Type followed by 4, 6 and 8 cylinder selection then that should bring up firing orders for six cylinder engines.

I would call the Holley Tech team to verify.
Gotcha. Im still debating which system to go with, Holley would be easier in theory, but mega/micro squirt is cheaper. Either way I got lots of good info, thanks guys

Back