Efi build help

Lost my post on my EECV turbo 200 with three throttle bodies, eight injectors and one stock 62 mm Ford 5.0 MAF.

Oh well.

My advice:-

Spend some time listening to Craig and Dave's three day Moates Youtube tutorial.

If you've got time, Day 1, 2 & 3.

https://youtu.be/ntrKzCANLfk

https://youtu.be/wdK4RYNcp9E

Then Uncle Tony's Garage and Stick Mans on the Fox Mustang EFI.

Then the 2008 4.6 liter Crown Victoria computer...running a stock 7.3 Godzilla engine! A V for Versitility!

Both EECIV and EECV with Moates J3 plug and the better Binary Editor decipher describes...it's really easy. Just don't decide to remove the fault coding, EGR, AIR/Thermactor/ISC/TFI and stay Bank fire and Speed Density. Adding MAF means you have to upgrade your ECM/ECU to a MAF item. Generally, it's sensors that you are on a fight against. Or rather, what you have to understand and team up with to succeed. If you decide to partner up with FoMoCo's requirements, you can adjust every other thing with supreme ease.

Here is how one guy ran a 12 year earlier computer on a 2020 430 hp 7.3.

Last edited:
What is I am using a cam sync and crank sync? I am open to using GM sensors if need be. What Terminator would I have to purchase? I have a hall effect cam sync setup and will purchase a crank kit that I have to modify to make it fit on my crank and it is also hall effect. I don't have hrs to wait on the phone to get answers on what to buy. It seems like of you ask any questions to the tech support they just say it is not supported. That is after I waited over 45 min to talk to them. If Holly can't support this then I need to know so I can make another selection of ECU for my build.

Attachments

• exhaust big six.jpg
    exhaust big six.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • intake big six.jpg
    intake big six.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 10
What is I am using a cam sync and crank sync?
The 1996 4.9 harmonic balancer has a place on the backside for a trigger wheel and you can modify the distributor to provide the cam sync pulse.
Modify a universal 60-2 trigger wheel to fit the back of the balancer and mount the pickup on the cam cover
It will work fine with the Terminator X

That is nice what is the frame the motor is in? Here is mine.

Attachments

• 20210411_164443.jpg
    20210411_164443.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20210416_223014.jpg
    20210416_223014.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
That is Clintonvillian's 56 truck.

Looks like nice progress on the intake manifold.
Will be interesting to see the side cover.
This is a great project!

I just ordered Micro Squirt today. So a tune file for a 4.9 EFI with turbo and TFI ignition would be handy to get me started. If anybody is willing to share.
BTW I ordered today because they have a 10% off Black Friday sale on. Use promo code BF2021.

Back