Electric choke on weber 32/36

1966_l6

Hi ,
I want to change my holley 1940 by weber 32/36 DFV buyed on Langdon Stovebolt web site.
I want to put on an electric choke , but how put it because there is non mark on carb or on choke ?

Thanks
Fred

Not sure if I understand your question. As to the picture of choke unit the covers spring (loop) goes over the linkage pin. There should be an index line on the outside of cover to use to gauge it, but if not after you have the cover on and carb choke linkage set on the step. Than turn the cover until the choke blade is closed. That should allow you to start car, than warm it up and re check the choke blade should be wide open. If the cover has two electrical blades on it hook up is a ground to one of carbs choke cover screws, and the power is hooked to the alternator stator lead. If it is a single pin type than the cover is all ready grounded and the center pin is wired to the alternator stator lead. If the carb has a hot air hook up you will need to hook that to the exhaust manifold stove pipe if it dose not than you can leave it or plug it with a cap or drive in pin. Good luck :nod:

Back