All Small Six Falcon Six Performance Handbook Out of Print?

This relates to all small sixes
Anyone know where I can buy a copy or even better acquire a pdf version of it?

I'm about to rebuild my engine
I don't have a source for you but I know that it's copyrighted by David and Dennis Schjeldahl. This means that it would be illegal to make copies without the permission of the copyright holder.

The handbook lists the publisher as Basement Books, 509 Reeves Drive, Grand Forks, ND 58201. Looks like a private home on the maps application but you could take a shot at writing to them and ask about the status.

Last edited:
For your information Dennis has passed on. David is still alive. I will try to get in touch with him. I think his handle is CZLN6

For your information Dennis has passed on. David is still alive. I will try to get in touch with him. I think his handle is CZLN6
Thanks Bill! I did a quick search and CZLN6 shows as David and "co-author of the Falcon Performance Handbook". I didn't see any posts newer than 2020, but it should be possible to message him and ask about the handbook. I can do that if no one else is going to, but I don't want to pester him with something someone else is already asking him about.

Last edited:
Matt “not in”? He's
a retailer, a lill more
in line w/this request.

I had some long bolts in my garage from something else I was able to cut the heads off and use as guide studs

Some video of the head action.

Probably the last time i'll do a head job in the car, they're just too dang heavy!

2 more on opposite ends? any needed in middle?
They sure help me (esp as still in the car Muscle Man). Alternative
wood blocks same hight as studs, place on them, line up holes/studs,
remove blocks (to outside studs to help lower slowly?
(looks like a blu(es) brother of my Mah Roon(ed) 4eyed LTD waggy (3.8L)
We’ve both been out foxed a bit, no? Ur rig had that motor 1 of it’s 4 yrs.
Wish my wagon hada 250 like my bronk...

Last edited:
I probably would have been better off with 2 short bolts in the middle.
It got hung up on the rear bolt, I had to take out the front bolt and make another guide dowel out of a short bolt.

Those wagons are cool. My friend has a light blue one that is a roller currently.

wag.png

Hope he gets it running again sometime

Hard to notice, but the best spots for the guide bolts/studs is the the two outside holes on the passenger side, the holes in the gasket are smaller there and on some heads for the purpose of alignment.

I like the way the bumper comes outta the frnt molding, just the chrome sittin out there
by itself abit... Lost the two rear corners (back bumper) so am looking for them (4eyedpride.com)
no luck tho. I could respray some if found.

“...buy a copy or even better acquire a pdf ..."
Matt unresponsive? Post #7:
( :... Matt “not in”? He's
a retailer, a lill more
in line w/this request..." ) “VI” or vintage inlines:

I have a 101 pages here @ home. B a bear... but IS possible (photo-c).

Back