Ford Six Performance Parts Engine Rebuild Kit? Opinions?

A

Anonymous

Hi. I have a 170 I6 in a 62 Comet that looks like it might need a rebuild. I noticed that Ford Six Performance Parts offers a rebuild kit at a decent price. I didn't see who actually manufactured the parts though (pistons, etc), and I was wondering if anyone has used their kit and what your experience as been.

Would you recommend the rebuild kit?

Thanks.

Adam

I haven't used it, but FSPP (Classic Inlines) has given no reason to not trust them with any of their products. I wouldn't hestitate purchasing it if I were you.
The real question is what other goodies to buy from them; so many to pick from. ;)

8)

I have met and talked to Mike personally, I trust him implicitly.

Mike is also a forum admin (AzCoupe) here so if you have any problems you dont have to look for for a response.

He's also pretty easy to work with.

That's good to know, thanks. I just had no idea where the parts where coming from. I'd still like to know if anyone has used his rebuild kit though.

Oh, and LaGrasta, I see you have converted to an alternator on your 170. I'd like to do the same thing. What braket did you use and did it take a lot of modifiations to mount it?

Thanks.

The rebuild kit is a combination of quality parts from many different suppliers. Clevite, Seal Power, ARP, Corteco, Clay Smith Cams, JP Performance, Romac, RAS, SI Valves, FSPP, etc....... I just save you the trouble of hunting down all the right parts, from various retailers, and give you a better price. ;)

Thanks everyone. I will definitley keep Ford Six Performance in mind when it comes time to do the rebuild.

Back