Help! Lol

I have a 56 Ford Mainline I just acquired. It has the 223 six cylinder. Any ideas where I can find an exhaust manifold? I went to put an exhaust gasket on and discovered it has a broken ear someone has what looks like JB Welded. It just fell off when I unbolted it. Also on the heat riser. Any ideas on a spring? How does the flapper remove? Any ideas are greatly appreciated! I’m going to need other parts as I go along I’m sure. Hood springs for one.

Clifford has a car version of their header available. I have the truck version and though pricy seems to work well. I would also recommend the Remflex header gasket to go with it. It also is spendy but you only want to do the job once. look into it , it might perk your interest.. Please call Clifford before ordering to verify fitment. Hope this might be an option.

I’ve heard mixed results with Clifford, their performance numbers seem way off as well as their price. You can get a header for fairly cheap but it won’t match up to your stock intake, I’ve yet to dig into it but I would imagine you could run some type of spacer on your header to get it to clamp. There’s also a few manifolds on eBay still available. Good luck!

I have a 56 Ford Mainline I just acquired. It has the 223 six cylinder. Any ideas where I can find an exhaust manifold? I went to put an exhaust gasket on and discovered it has a broken ear someone has what looks like JB Welded. It just fell off when I unbolted it. Also on the heat riser. Any ideas on a spring? How does the flapper remove? Any ideas are greatly appreciated! I’m going to need other parts as I go along I’m sure. Hood springs for one.
Hi rrward, and welcome to the Ford Six Forum! If I was you I would have your Manifold Welded up by someone near you that knows how to work with cast Iron it used to be done all the time, I am still doing it yet. Other than that you could try contacting the many Antique Ford Supply Houses for a Replacement Manifold, such as Green Supply, VanPelet, C & G Ford Parts, and Vintage ford Parts to name just a few. I think it will be hard to find anything other than a used one there are still some Vintage Wrecking Yards left and that would be about your best bet or you might get lucky on the Bay, Craig's list and the many other used parts sites. Best of luck

I am running into trouble on the gaskets. I bought a set of Felpro but the gasket that goes between the 2 manifolds is wrong. Every thing I search for looks like what I have. Has anyone else ran into this? Does anyone know the part number for the gaskets?

I am running into trouble on the gaskets. I bought a set of Felpro but the gasket that goes between the 2 manifolds is wrong. Every thing I search for looks like what I have. Has anyone else ran into this? Does anyone know the part number for the gaskets?
Speedway motors sells manifold gaskets as well, not sure on the different ports are you sure you got the right ones? What part number does your current gasket set have I can try to check for you as well. Good luck!

I found a good welder and he fixed me up. Now I need an exhaust down pipe. Any ideas? Rooster, you never did saay what you wanted for your manifold? Thank everyone for your input. I am also in need of heater controls for a 1956 Mainline???

I found a good welder and he fixed me up. Now I need an exhaust down pipe. Any ideas? Rooster, you never did saay what you wanted for your manifold? Thank everyone for your input. I am also in need of heater controls for a 1956 Mainline???
Most good Muffler Shops should be able to make you a new Exhaust Head Pipe or also have a source for a new one.

Back