Holley Fuel Injection

PLP6400

Has any one installed the 502-20S fuel injection on a 200? Right now I have a holley 350 directly mounted to the log. I know a lot of people think that this set up is nothing more than a glorified carburater. But a few people I know have installed them on non computerized V-8's and they are very happy with the set up. They claim easier cold weather starts, smooth idle and about 5 MPG increase in milelage.

At $800.00+ I would sure like to know if any one has used this set up on a 200. Right now I am happy with my power and milage, but the way gas prices are going. With just a 3 MPG increase it would pay for itself in about 5 years at 15,000 miles a year at current gas prices.

I've not yet seen one installed, but have always thought a TBI would be an improvement over a carb. The tunability of a computer controlled fuel injector is so much better than most carbs and even a single point injection has the advantage of metering fuel far more precisely. This same system has been effective on Jeep inlines and slant sixes.

I say go for it.

Or get the old Memcal/ Calpak units, such as the Delco P4, and hook up the stock Z-28/ Corvette MAF V8 throttle body to a freeflowing intake like this. The injectors could go outboard of the cast iron monoblock intake.

img159.gif

Back