Just got my first 200

Rusty_Old_F250

So I'm officially in the inline club now, there's a 200ci 6 in the back of my F250 waiting to go into the 66' mustang! Here's the catch, the motor I have is a 65 with pattern for the automatic, the car is a 66' with 3spd stick. From what understand the only way to bolt this motor to a manual trans is with an econoline bell, correct? Any other way to do it? Aftermarket adapter maybe? If not, I'll convert the car to a c4, not to big a deal. From what I understand the econoline bell is so rare it's practically unobtanium.

Sam

that is going to depend on which three speed you have. in 66 you could have an early three speed with a non synchro first gear, which means you have the 2.77 four bolt top cover three speed, or you could have the later 3.03 full synchro nine bolt top cover three speed. the smaller four bolt three speed also used the smaller bell housing.

next look at the block carefully, if it s a 66 or later block, it should have both bell housing patterns already in place. since the engine came from in front of an automatic, the top bolt holes may be plugged by sludge and dirt.

Impressive information from rbohm, Bill

Back