LPG TURBO INLET SYSTEMS

A

Anonymous

Can someone please explain the different inlet systems and the pros and cons of each (single lpg throttle body, plenums etc.) in blow through systems.

I can basically understand how the single lpg throttle body blow through system works but how do the twin tb and the plenum things work. I dont care about draw through systems, I will be using blow through for sure!

Can someone tell me exactly what is going on in this engine;

http://www.fullboost.com.au/cars/featur ... n_pg1.html

What are in take runners? Are they the small pipes that the inlet manifold bolts on to? Is this motor a single throttle body? Is that it at the start of the plenum chamber? Arrr.. Im confused.

thanks again

Intake/exhaust runners> The pipes going to and from the head

The engine that you are looking at runs a single Gas reserch carby

Do you plan on using a card or efi

If your using a carb it would be easier to go for a suck through

Thanks.

I want to LPG turbo an alloy head crossflow.

I want to use a gas research carby or an impco ca 425, which ever one is better. Any opinions?

I want to mount that on a redline 4 bbl intake.

I want to go blow through so I can use an intercooler.

Does this sound like a good set up?

This is what I want to do now, but Im pretty new to lpg and turbos in general so if there is a better way Im all ears.

What is the advantage of the custom plenum type intake? Is it because it flows better than the redline type intake?

Hi,

I have been using the gas research setup, running straight lpg on my te alloy head cortina for about 2 years now without any issues. Think the system is great, and will also be good with turbo setup. I have enquired about turbo and what is needed for engineers cert, only thing needed would be brake upgrade which I have done. I have used the standard ford manifold on mine.

Back