New Hi Tech Distributors are Available for Our Ford Small Six's

bubba22349

Top Poster
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
Departed Member
Haven't been much of a fan of the D.U.I. Ignition's I think they are costly or the budget China made H.E.I. Clones that your now seeing all over the place. Yes they can both be made to work but how much is it going to cost in time and money? I have always liked the DuraSpark II Ignitions systems Fo their durability since back when they were brand new. For a budget type daily driver build up a DSII ignition is very hard to beat or on a more Hi Performance build with a few parts upgrades like a HEI module swap, or an MSD box, Coil, Wires, ect.

I discovered this company a couple months ago by chance so though I would pass on the info to those needing a performance type distributor. Now there is a new solution that's totally digital so no more mechanical advance parts to wear out or adjust. This unit is programed by using your smart phone, I Pad, ect. These are a little more cost upfront than the base price of the D.U.I. before you start working on fixing its flaws. Check out their small and large cap versions of Progression Ignition distributors that is loaded with great features and fit our Ford Small and Big Block Six engines, (and most other engines that had a distributor type ignition too) in the end it is likely to be less money and time for a much better ignistion system. Enjoy (y) :nod: .

Progression Ignition
https://progressionignition.com

Listings for a Ford Engines Including Our Small and Big Six's
https://progressionignition.com/shop/ol ... istributor

yeah, I don't know what to say -
Has it got any history, notes from users, hard copy or on-line mag reviews?
May B: "seems like a life time piece if of quality (stick w/it even thru motor mods)." ? umm, "may leave a 'smoother' instaled look (less wires, justa coil)." ahhh " It may B USA assembled, hopin its USA designed/manafactured".
I am not an earlier adopter type so will look to reports now U posted this, thank you.

"...(I can't get access to check today for some reason)..."
two (at least) are listed for the sm 6 as I follow ur links
(y)

... wow very 21st century, hey why not , you can get a friggin' wi-fi refrigerator ...

could open up many options for alternative Performance and Mileage economy projects, pretty too.

if available and it works as claimed for $529.oo new genre could supplant the 'Red Box ignition setups dominating from last century ...

have fun

' been saying, forced induction is so much simpler these days with computer fuel and ignition.

For me, it's kinda the point of my '62 Ranchero, and '63 Falcon. NO COMPUTER! Not remote 'hackable', no phone required.

That's pretty neat. Super easy advance adjustment, rev limiter, real-time adjustments. Start retard, boost retard, drives a TFI coil with no ignition module needed. That's pretty awesome. Reliability would be the only concern, that and the price. Although price may be close to a wash if you're using this and a TFI vs a custom curved dist and a CD box.

This is impressive:
[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/1TB8VfAvClE[/bbvideo]

Its a Chinese body with USA electronics. I still would go with the DS11.

"...still go..."
depending...
nice 2 have this choice, thnx bubs

Back